From Phil Munday
(Chair of St Faiths & Emsworth Labour Party)
To Charlotte Glancy
(Programme Officer for the Local Plan examination)
10 June 2021
Dear Ms Glancy,
My name is Phil Munday and I contacted you earlier this week regarding the examination of the Havant Local Plan in relation to issues I raised in my submission R343. This email is to confirm that I would like to attend the hearings in relation to the following issues:
- KP5 – The development of the Southleigh site and specifically the need for the new junction with the A27. (2.16, 2.17 etc)
- The need for adequate provision to be made to meet the needs for Affordable Housing, particularly in regard to the current housing waiting list.
- Increased density of housing on some sites to reduce the need for green field sites.
Matter 6: Mainland Transport Assessment
- The implications of the new developments on the existing transport network.
- The essential need for the new junction onto the A27 to relieve congestion across the Borough.
- Implications of the proposed ‘last mile’ distribution centre in New Lane. This is being considered subsequent to the revised Local Plan being submitted.
I would like to speak to these matters as they arise in discussion.
Click here for our article about the transport infrastructure for the new “Southleigh” development.
Click here to see other correspondence.