We have raised some issues to improve the ward and keep it safe and tidy. These include:
- Repainting the pedestrian crossing in East Street to improve safety. The markings have almost completely disappeared and are almost invisible to traffic travelling from the east.
- Repairing the rotten risers on the New Lane footbridge. We asked Network rail to repair these which they have recently completed.
- Getting the lids replaced on the glass recycling containers outside the Post Office Sorting Office in East Street. The lid has been missing for some time and broken glass covers the pavement, where people have dropped bottles into the container, with glass shards flying out.
Since the summer we have asked repeatedly for this to be addressed as a matter of urgency, but nothing happens. The manager of Norse has promised us that replacement bins have been ordered and will be distributed as soon as they arrive…
- Removing discarded fencing and fibre boards left opposite Havant railway station.
- Requesting Hampshire Highways to ensure that hedges are kept trimmed back to allow wheelchairs and children’s pushchairs to pass along narrow pavements. Thank you to all those residents who cut back their hedges in the Denvilles area.
If you have concerns about these or any other local matters, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org